ENERGY SOURCE AND WASTE EXPLOITATION
ABOUT THE RESURECT RESEARCH PROJECT
Scope of the project is the efficient use of solid waste from recycling plants i) as an energy source in ceramics industry, substituting conventional fuels through the development of appropriate combustion systems and adapting production processes to new material flows and ii) as additives to create improved ceramics properties. Main advantages of use: savings in conventional fuels and raw materials as well as utilization of waste.
RESURECT is a funded research project in the field of “Material recovery, reuse and energy recovery
The total duration of the project is estimated to be 30 months.
The project aims to
- selection of available solid waste with characteristics that will enable them to be used efficiently in ceramics production.
- utilize solid waste from recycling plants as substitutes for raw materials for the production of various types of clay ceramics.
- save energy, by replacing conventional fuels (indicative coal) with solid waste to meet thermal requirements of drying and baking processes in the ceramics production, by developing a new combustion system and reforming the flow of processes.
- assess the environmental and energy advantage of use solid waste in ceramics.
- design a modern pottery unit’ all stages of processes with new material and fuel flow and to evaluate benefit.